Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Creepy Creeping

Facebook Creeping- def. - An act in which one looks at a friend's/stranger's facebook profile, pictures, and recent activity. Everyone denies their involvement in this act (when in reality most people do it when bored), then in turn accuse someone else of doing it later. - Urban Dictionary

So here is my beef with this. Complaining about facebook creeping is sort of pointless and well lets face it your own fault. You have added these people to your friend list, allowing them to see your information, pictures and activities. If you don't want people to see this stuff, DON'T ADD THEM TO YOUR FRIEND LIST!!. Someone on my friend list has well over 800 people on their friend list AND makes a point of sending DAILY love messages back and forth to their significant other via facebook actually changed their facebook status to a comment about people creeping.
I know my taking the time to blog about this isn't much better, but I am also not the one complaining about people creeping on my facebook.

We all facebook creep, isn't the the point of facebook? Isn't it a way for people to keep in touch, stay in turn with what your friends are doing? Don't we post our pictures and blog links (like this one) on facebook so people will check them out?

The basic low-down of this rant (yes, thats how it turned out) is...ready for it...its simple...If you don't want people "creeping" your facebook, don't add them as friends...especially since you probably have creeped them (or someone else) a time or two.

1 comment:

  1. My name is SlightlyInsaneStacey and I am a Facebook creeper.

    I admit it. How else would I be able to keep up with who is with who, who isn't with who anymore and all the other juicy bits Facebook has to offer? :)

    ReplyDelete